Planning a wedding can take months, or more. This often involves a deposit for the tuxedo, banquet, reception hall, photographer and other vendors. While planning for the big day, it’s important to consider how you might handle something unexpected that can threaten your plans. If the event has to be postponed or cancelled, specialized insurance can help.
What is WeddingGuard*?
WeddingGuard, offered by our partner PAL Canada (not available in Quebec), offers financial protection against problems that may affect your wedding or special event. This type of coverage provides peace of mind while dealing with the preparations for the big day, and even during the event itself.
What coverage is provided?
What can make this insurance appealing is the scope of coverage it offers. It is possible to cover a wide array of your wedding essentials included within the below coverage offerings:
- Commercial General Liability: including Host Liquor Liability for three (3) 24-hour periods. Includes coverage for rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception and gift opening.
- This will also meet with most venue’s rental requirements across Canada.
- Wedding Cancellation: Reimbursement of deposits paid or contracted to be paid because of unexpected cancellation of the wedding.
- Honeymoon Cancellation: Will reimburse if Insured suffers a loss of pre-paid, non-refundable cost of travel due to the cancellation of the actual wedding.
- Loss deposits: Will pay for non-refundable deposits made to providers of any booked goods or services if they suffer financial failure.
- Wedding photos and video: Payment of the extra expenses necessary to retake the photos if they cannot be reproduced for any reason including non-appearance of the photographer.
- Bridal attire: Coverage to the bridal attire once the property is in the care of the Insured.
- Wedding Gifts: Insurance for wedding presents (24 hours prior to and after the wedding) while property is at the couples’ home or reception location or in transit between the two.
- Rings: Covers wedding bands. Coverage starts 7 days prior to wedding.
- Wedding Cake and Flowers: Coverage for the wedding cake or flowers seven days prior to the wedding.
- Wedding Stationery: Includes invitations, RSVP cards, menus and name cards.
- Rented Property: Rented property used during the wedding reception. It includes, but is not limited to, temporary outdoor shelters, such as tents or marquees, tables and chairs, stages, audio and visual equipment.
Are there additional options available?
Yes, you may add additional dates of coverage for General Liability and Host liquor liability if required. You may also select from various package limits: Silver, Gold, Diamond and Platinum.
When should you buy insurance for your wedding?
You can purchase insurance such as WeddingGuard up to a year prior to the event. It is not recommended to wait until the last minute as the application may not be approved, so have that conversation early with your insurance provider.
Have peace of mind to celebrate this long-awaited day
Every event varies from one to the next, and protection needs differ too. Talk to your Allstate representative for more information about insurance for your wedding.
Disclaimer: This information has been provided for your convenience only and should not be construed as providing legal or insurance advice. Information about features and coverage may not be the same as the actual policy wording which will prevail in all instances. Certain terms, conditions and limitations may apply.
® Trademark owned by Allstate Insurance Company used under license by Allstate Insurance Company of Canada. ©2021 Allstate Insurance Company of Canada. Allstate Insurance Company of Canada is not the provider for this insurance.
© Copyright 2007-2021 PAL Insurance Brokers Ltd. All Rights Reserved.