Allstate Insurance Company of Canada October 2016 Share Your Favourite Life Hack Contest – Official Rules
1) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2) The Contest will begin on November 2, 2016 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“Contest Starting Date”) and will end on November 7, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (the “Contest Closing Date”).
3) This Contest is being conducted by Allstate Insurance Company of Canada (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is responsible for the Contest, its organization, and the Contest Rules.
4) By entering the Contest, each entrant gets a chance to win the Prize for the Contest and each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, and accept the decisions of the Sponsor in connection with this Contest as final and binding in all respects.
5) This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered, or associated with Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any liability whatsoever in relation to the Contest.
6) The Contest is open to residents of Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the Contest Starting Date and who have a valid Facebook account.
7) Each entrant shall abide by the following requirements, failing which the entrant may be disqualified from the Contest:
a) An entrant must have a public Facebook account and a functioning e-mail address;
b) An entrant must use the same Facebook account and email address between the Contest Starting Date and Contest Closing Date.
c) The use of more than one Facebook account or email address by the same entrant is prohibited. Any new Facebook account created by an existing entrant will be disqualified from entering the Contest.
8) Employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors of the Sponsor, of its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, suppliers of services related to this Contest, or of any other party directly associated with the holding of the Contest, as well as members of their immediate families (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse, and any persons residing with these employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors are not eligible to participate.
9) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that if chosen as the recipient of the prize, he or she shall consent, to the extent permitted by law, to the use of his or her name, image, voice, likeness, city of residence, and/or photograph without compensation in any publicity or advertising carried out in any medium worldwide by the Sponsor and/or its advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further notification.
How to Enter
10) To enter the Contest, between the Contest Starting Date and Contest Closing Date:
a) Visit Facebook at www. Facebook.com or sign on to Facebook on your mobile device or tablet using the Facebook application. If you do not have a Facebook account, please create an account by typing in your name, e-mail address, user name, and a password, and click “Sign Up”.
b) Visit the Facebook Page for an Allstate Canada agent who hosting the contest.
c) On the Allstate Canada agent’s Facebook page, find the publication which mentions the Share Your Favourite Life Hack contest, indicate that you “Like” the post by clicking on the “Like” button, comment on the publication by mentioning a creative, functional, and/or unique improvisational method of completing an everyday task, known as a life hack.
11) Only one (1) entry per Facebook account permitted.
12) Entries that do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Contest Rules shall be disqualified.
13) The Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, late, delayed, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, damaged, altered, or destroyed entries.
14) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor.
15) One (1) prize of a Visa gift card (“Prize”) valued at fifty dollars in Canadian funds ($50.00 CAD) will be awarded to an entrant chosen at random. In the event that the Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, the Sponsor shall exercise its right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value. In no event shall the sponsor be liable for awarding more than one (1) Prize.
16) The prizes must be picked-up at the Allstate agency closest to the selected entrant. The selected entrant will be notified as to the exact address of his or her closest Allstate agency.
17) A random drawing to award the Prize will be held at approximately 12:00 noon Eastern Standard Time on November 8, 2016 by the Sponsor at 27 Allstate Parkway, Markham, Ontario, L3R 5P8.
18) The selected entrant will be contacted by Facebook message within twenty-four (24) hours of the draw.
19) If a selected entrant declines the prize or does not respond to the Facebook message within forty-eight (48) hours of notification, his/her entry will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by Facebook message with the selected entrant or there are no more entries.
20) Upon notification, the selected entrant must, unaided, correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question via e-mail correspondence. In the event that the selected entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question correctly, the Sponsor shall disqualify said entrant and to randomly draw another eligible entry, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
21) If the selected entrant declines the prize, is not eligible, or does not otherwise meet the requirements as set out in the Contest Rules, the Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify said entrant and randomly draw another eligible entry for purposes of awarding the prize, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharge from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
22) The selected entrant releases the Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, parent corporations, advertising and promotion agencies, employees, agents, representatives, officers and directors and Facebook (“Released Parties”), from any liability for damage of any kind whatsoever that the selected entrant may suffer, directly or indirectly, by reason of acceptance, possession or use of the Prize, including, among other things, accidents, injuries, death, loss of enjoyment, inconveniences, disappointments, worries or frustrations or a physical or psychological nature.
23) For this purpose, the selected entrant hereby (i) acknowledges and confirms that Released Parties are not granting any warranties or assurances of any kind pertaining to the Prize awarded in connection with the Contest; (ii) acknowledges and confirms the absence of any implied warranties in connection with the Contest or the Prize, and (iii) agrees to sign forms affirming eligibility, waiving liability of the Released parties, and permitting media coverage in accordance with paragraph 9, above, within seventy-two (72) hours of being notified of winning the Contest and before receiving the Prize. If a selected entrant fails to submit the above within the given time period, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify said entrant and randomly draw another eligible entry for the purpose of awarding the prize (time permitting), and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
24) Any and all costs and expenses incurred by a selected entrant to claim, use or redeem the Prize shall be entirely borne by the selected entrant.
25) Each person who enters or attempts to enter this Contest releases the Released Parties from any liability for any damages, claim or prejudice that may occur due to their participation or attempted participation in the Contest. The Released Parties accept no liability for the malfunction of any computer component, software or communication line in connection with the loss or absence of network communication or with any defective, incomplete, incomprehensible or deleted transmission from any computer or network that may limit any person’s opportunity to enter the Contest or prevent him or her from entering the Contest. The Released Parties accept no responsibility for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any Internet page or software and by the transmission of any information in connection with entry in the Contest.
26) The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the Contest, or modify the Contest Rules at any time for any reason or should fraud or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or odds of winning.
27) Chances of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Sponsor is unaware of how many eligible entries will be received.
28) The Prize will be awarded at random. No allocated geographical distribution has been set by the Sponsor.
29) The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
30) This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
31) By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees that the courts of the Province of Ontario, Canada shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on any provision of these Contest Rules or the running of this Contest. Each entrant hereby irrevocably attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario.